The Department of Dog training's tasks
Put briefly, the dog department is tasked with:
- Basic training of the dogs
- Establish quality objectives for basic training of the dogs
- Establish production and training plans
- Responsibility for the trial period. Following the aptitude test, the dogs undergo a trial period where the characteristics of the dogs are studied.
- Implement sub-tests and final tests in the training of dogs along with the unit receiving the dog
- Monitor completed training stages with forecasts every month
The Department of Dog training also has a veterinarian on staff. The veterinarian is responsible for investigating and treating all Swedish Armed Forces service dogs and also giving advice when needed.