The seminar is directed to Flag Officers (OF6 - OF9), Key Leaders (senior
leaders or senior NCOs), Ambassadors or senior Civilian Representatives.
After completion of the seminar, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate belief in the importance of gender perspectives in accordance with framework and guidelines.
- Apply a gender integrated comprehensive approach.
The seminar will consist of briefings, round table- and panel discussions, together with facilitated discussions in seminar format. The participants will also be given the opportunity to share own experiences in order to establish a wider picture of successful ways to integrate gender perspective in all planning, execution and evaluation of military operations. Chatham rules are applied and all participants are expected to take active part in the seminar.
- UNSCR 1325 and related resolutions on Women, Peace and security.
- NATO Bi-SC Directive 40-1.
- NATO Education and training plan for Gender in Military Operations.
The participants will be assessed through formative assessments during plenary and syndicate sessions where taking an active part and contributing to form a line of argument will be highly appreciated.
Key Leader Seminar: 12-13 June 2017
ETOC Ref.no: GEN-GO-31544