The seminar is intended for participants about to deploy or become appointed as Commanding Officers, Chief Of Staff or Branch Heads at J-level (rank OF 4-6) or in equivalent civilian position.
After completing the seminar, the participants will be able to:
- Explain how the inclusion of gender perspectives into decision-making will increase operational effectiveness.
- Demonstrate belief in the importance of gender perspectives in accordance with framework and guidelines.
The seminar will consist of lectures, round table and panel discussions, together with facilitated discussions in seminar format. Case studies and tasks will be given to be solved either in syndicate format or on individual basis. The Seminar will be conducted in an interactive way and every participant is required to take part in the discussions and share his or hers expectations and experiences.
- UNSCR 1325 and related resolutions on Women, Peace and security.
- NATO Bi-SC Directive 40-1.
- NATO Education and training plan for Gender in Military Operations.
The students will be assessed through formative assessments during plenary and syndicate work. The seminar includes a final summative assessment where students will be asked to present a short back brief in accordance with a given task.
Gender CO Seminar: 29 November - 1 December 2016
Gender CO Seminar: 5 - 7 December 2017
ETOC Ref.no: GEN-GO-51545