The theme of this three week course is intercultural leadership. The aim of the course is to prepare senior police officers for future assignments in management positions in peacekeeping operations.
The course is directed by the Swedish National Bureau of Investigation and conducted in co-operation with SWEDINT.
After the course the participant will be able to:
- In a personal leadership manifest present how she/he can use their competencies as a leader in an integrated peacekeeping operation.
- Express a solution to a presented case scenario. The case scenario reflects leadership challenges and dilemmas.
Main focus of the course will be on:
- The tasks, the role and the responsibilities of a leader in an integrated peacekeeping operation.
- Intercultural communicatíon and relations
- Human Rights
- Diversity and equal rights
- Gender perspective and gender equality
- Ethic and moral
- Reflection as a leadership tool
- Considerations and decision making
- Capacity building of local police, Police Reform (RRR)
- Interpretation of UN mandates and other key documents
- Integrated Mission Planning Process (IMPP)
The learning activities will be conducted through process learning, lectures, group work, discussions and an integrated mission exercise.
For dates, further information and application, please contact the Swedish National Bureau of Investigation by e-mail:
or visit their website