To prepare Lessons Learned Staff Officers to manage and execute an organisational LL process using NATO LL-related processes, training, tools and information sharing to develop a LL Capability. This course will also impart knowledge of organisational learning, observation collection, basic analysis techniques as well as endorsing, resourcing, tasking and implementing Lessons Identified.
Personnel posted, or soon to be posted to NATO Lessons Learned billets within NATO Commands and/or member or partner nations.
Main focus will be on:
- Introducing the principles of Knowledge Management and Organisational Learning,(Knowledge theory, Management and Learning) and the role of Lessons Learned within these principles, the role of innovation theory and the use of scenarios within the LL Capability.
- NATO Lessons Learned Capability Overview - the overall NATO LL Capability with emphasis on the LL process and LL Capability supporting elements.
- The NATO Lessons Learned Process - the principles, examples, tools, techniques and applications of the NATO LL process.
- LL Capability Support Elements - develop an understanding of the support elements across Doctrine, Organisation, Training, Material, Leadership, Personnel, Facilities and Interoperability (DOTMLPF-I) that enable execution of the LL process and delivery of command LL Capabilities.
- Examples of NATO LL Application.
- Practical projects.
For further information and application, please contact
NATO Joint Analysis & Lessons Learned Centre (JALLC)
NATO LL SOC I: 4 - 8 March 2013
NATO LL SOC II: 27 - 31 May 2013
NATO LL SOC III: 4 - 8 November 2013
EAPC ref no: ACT.318